November 17, 2009

"Evening In El Porto" 16x20 Pastel


I spent three days last week going through old photos and slides. I have been wanting to do this for some time just to see what I have. I found some wonderful photos that i had forgotten about and it reminded me of some good times and fun trips taken with family and friends. I think I have improved a little bit as a photographer as well. Who am I kidding, theres lots of room for improvement.
After going through books of slides and disks of digital photos, I stopped on a few of the local breakwaters in the area. I am always attracted to light and color. No surprise here, but this particular scene needed to be restated. I have painted smaller scenes that are similar but not in pastel. This piece was submitted to be juried into a national pastel show. Once again, fingers are crossed.
This painting is now available through Marina Fine Arts. 1400. Sold

1 comment :