January 21, 2011

"The End Of October" 20 x16 Oil


Autumn is a great time of year. It is this time of year that is all too fleeting in my opinion. Not only for the visual changes that occur but for how I feel during these months. It is certainly a fovorite muse of mine. In an addition to the season of Autumn, music is also a favorite source of inspiration. For me, it causes introspection and allows for guidance. Only a handful of people know that I love the sound of a mandolin and a year ago I received one as a gift and recently started taking lessons. Although it has been challenging and quite frustrating at times, it is mostly fun. I am taking it very slowly and one nice thing about playing an instrument is that the clean up is alot faster than painting.

On that note, I wanted to let you all know that my work will be part of an upcoming exhibition entitled, "Ten Years - The Spirit Of Our Community." This show will be celebrating the 10th anniversary of the creative arts center here in Manhattan Beach (see link below). If you live in the area, I hope you will stop by.

SOLD This painting was accepted in to the Salon International 2011.

http://www.mancusofineart.com/UpcomingEventsPage.html

No comments :

Post a Comment